Creator. Visionary. Artist.
Marquita Chambers was born in the Washington, DC metro area and found her love of makeup after graduating high school. She then found herself in love with the beauty industry where she began working at beauty retailer, Sephora, to gain knowledge of skincare, luxury cosmetics lines and to experience working with clients one-on-one.
Marquita’s love of people and eye for detail and drama have propelled her from a beauty enthusiast to a self-taught makeup artist, who works hard to translate her passion for making people feel good into art. She’s always looking to create with like-minded individuals on set, or command a studio or location with her easy-going, confident presence.
Marquita is a highly resourceful, flexible and innovative professional makeup artist with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. She has experience in ensuring that models, performers and presenters have suitable makeup and hairstyles before they appear in front of cameras or audiences. She also has experience coordinating photoshoots and fashion shows. Some past projects include:
• "The Clean Job" short film, produced by R Street Productions (June 2018) - Key Hair and Makeup Artist
• Fox5DC News Segment, Swimwear Presented by Le Bustiere Boutique (May 2018) - Key Makeup Artist
• 2018 Teen Expo & Showcase by Gio's Events (Jan 2018) - Key Makeup Artist
• 2nd Annual Alliance Francaise de Washington DC "Beyond the Little Black Dress" Fashion Show (Oct 2017)
• 2017 Miss Maryland USA & Miss Teen Maryland USA Promotional Photoshoot (Oct 2017) - Key Makeup Artist
• Katwalk Boutique's 20th Anniversary Fashion Show & Benefit (Oct 2017)
• 2018 Howard University Alumni Homecoming Brunch & Fashion Show (Oct 2017)
• Northern Virginia Section of the Negro Council of National Women's Annual Fashion Show (Sep 2017)
• 2017 Miss Ethiopia USA Pageant (Aug 2017)